Before his transformation, Gorr was a fairly weak creature with no superpowers. However, thanks to "All-Black the Necrosword", a weapon Gorr found on the body of a dead god, he attains the following powers:
Superhuman Strength - Gorr has a strength that is at least comparable to Thor, if not greater. He was able to best young-Thor, present-day-Thor, and Skyfather-Thor simultaneously, and has single-handedly defeated many millions of gods in open combat, including one that reportedly "wrestled with black holes for fun." The more gods Gorr kills, the more power Necrosword gains, providing Gorr with even more strength.
- Vast Superhuman-Durability - Gorr is extremely durable against all forms of trauma, even able to survive a massive lightning bolt summoned by Thor, or the Godblast of an Odin-Force Skyfather-Thor, which propelled him "several light-years" away.
- Superhuman Speed - Gorr can fly at blinding speeds, as when he quickly overtook the god of thunder on their first encounter, and has been able to move light-years in seconds.
- Superhuman Reflexes - Gorr was able to catch Thor off-guard easily, as well as many other gods.
- Longevity - Gorr has lived for over 3000 years and still looks in his prime.
- Regeneration - Gorr is able to recover from a lightning strike within four days with no signs of injury, as well growing back an arm that Thor had cut off (with assistance from his weapon).
- Darkness Manipulation - After acquiring "All-Black the Necrosword," Gorr can manipulate darkness into creating "darkness-constructs" (à la Green Lantern), creatures known as "Black Berserkers" (who are powerful enough to stalemate Gods), and create almost anything else he desires - including a new arm, a wife, a son, weapons, chains, armor, and towers. This ability is apparently virtually limitless, as he manages to cover both a planet and a sun in this darkness. Gorr can levitate himself and fly at faster-than-light speeds. All-Black can also extend the length of itself as well, allowing it to reach such an extreme extent that it was capable of cutting through a supernova.
- Combat skills - Gorr has many centuries of combat experience, and is skilled enough with weapons to duel with gods with ease.
Live Action Appearences
Christian Bale plays a version of Gorr in Marvel Studios Thor Love and Thunder. Check out the trailer below: